The Ebola Modeling Workshop will take place at the Historic Academy of Medicine @ Georgia Tech. The Academy of Medicine is located at:
875 W. Peachtree St, NW
Atlanta, GA 30309
The meeting site has ample free parking, there is also street parking and paid parking available nearby. Click here for a local map of the area.
Conference rates are available at the following hotels. All participants should book their own hotel reservations:
- Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center: 5 minute walk from the meeting site. Special rate link: $149.00 per night valid for bookings prior to January 13, 2015.
- Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel: across the street from the meeting site. Special rate link: $151.00 per night valid for bookings prior to January 12, 2015
Additional hotels located nearby include:
- Hyatt Regency Midtown Atlanta
- Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown
- Regency Suites Hotel - Atlanta Midtown
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) is located south of the city. To reach the meeting site/hotels:
- Taxis take approximately 25 minutes trip from the airport to the meeting site and to any of the hotels listed above. Times can increase substantially during rush hour. Current flat rates to Midtown are: $33.50 + tip.
- The meeting site/hotels are all close to the Midtown MARTA subway stop. All trains leaving from the airport go into the city and stop at the Midtown station.
Parking is available behind the meeting site free for conference attendees on both meeting days. Access the lot from 7th St.
The Historic Academy of Medicine is a few minute walk from the Midtown MARTA station on the Red and Gold lines. Exit on Peachtree Place, walk a half-block west to West Peachtree St and then 1 block past the construction site to the Academy of Medicine.
The area near the site has a number of restaurants, including multiple options in Tech Square on 5th Street. The following two sites lists restaurants in the "Midtown" atlanta area, where the meeting will be held: